Mplayer is a gaming network from the company Mpath for playing online, multiplayer games. The Mplayer software typically calls your game directly. For your A3D product to operate with DOS games you need to execute alaunch.exe. This program sets up the needed drivers and calls the DOS Game. The default Mplayer command-line doesn't include the call to alaunch. To add alaunch to the command-line, perform the following: This example is for DOS Quake (Game 36)
- From Windows 95, click Start and Run...
- Type regedit and tap enter or click on OK.
- Click on the following to get to the command-line:
- You will see 'CmdLine' on the right-hand portion of the Screen. Now double-click on 'CmdLine' to bring up the string editor.
- The current string will be 'qlaunch.exe mpquake3.dll quake.exe -mpath -noipx [-winmem 16]'. Replace 'quake.exe' with 'c:\FPgaming\alaunch quake'. NOTE: '-winmem 16' is optional, so is shown in brackets. The brackets are not included in your actual command-line.
- Your new line will read as follows: 'qlaunch.exe mpquake3.dll c:\fpgaming\alaunch quake -mpath -noipx [-winmem 16]'.
Click Here to see a screen shot of the (DOS) Quake registry information.
Blood is Game101, click Here to see a screen shot of the Blood registry information.
NOTE: The Windows Games should need no special setup.